Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 3

Okay, okay, fine.  Something is definitely different about the pain.  I'm not sure that it's worse, it's just different.  What felt over the past two days like a burning has now settled into something a little more like sore muscle pain, with a lingering burn.  Of course, all of this is in my throat, and the most excruciating part of all this is that one feels the pain most acutely when either eating, drinking, or speaking.  Basically, when you're trying to express or fill your basic needs as a living creature, that's when this pain likes to rear its ugly head.

I've become a little more reliant on the pain meds.  Partly because, without them, I'm just a little too out of it to do anything productive, but not bad enough to have no desire to.  With some narcotics, the pain eases up a bit and I'm zonked enough to not worry about something else I should be doing.  

I've heard days 3 and 4 can be expected to be the worst, so bring it.  I got through today only using 1/4th of the acetaminophen I am permitted.  I can handle tomorrow and then we're looking at improvement followed by an increase in bleeding risk at the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment